Last year we introduced a new program which incorporated a strength component and a gentle introduction to running. This 6 week program was very popular and now the weather is cooling down, we are bringing it back on 9 June for your Saturday afternoon delight!
What is involved?
The Walk to Run program consists of a 6 week block of training involving progressive walking and running intervals (to get you ready for our ‘Learn to Run’ class) and an individualised strength program devised by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
Who is this program suitable for?
Walk to Run is suitable for people who:
- Haven’t exercised in a long time
- Have minimal fitness
- Are interested in weight loss
- Want to get moving, but with less impact than our traditional running sessions
- Wish to build up slowly towards our Learn to Run program
- Are looking for accountability and motivation
- Enjoy exercising in the company of others
- Are looking to build social connections
How much does it cost?
‘Walk to Run’ total cost is $200 and includes:
- 6 x weekly walk/run sessions in a small group and with a coach
- Homework to complete in between weekly group sessions
- Individual appointment with an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (Health fund rebates may apply) to assess areas in need of strengthening
- A subsequent individualised strength program for you to follow at home
- Discounted entry into Rachel’s Runners Learn to Run program*
- Discounted entry into Padstow Chiropractic’s Strength & Conditioning classes**
- Special access deals from our Preferred Health Care Practitioners which may assist and enhance your journey (Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Massage Therapist, Dietitian/Nutritionist, Podiatrist)
If this program sounds like it’s the perfect fit for you, please register your interest via the form below. Walk to Run is limited to 12 participants only and filled up very quickly the last time it was held, so don’t delay.
As we say at Rachel’s Runners – YES YOU CAN!
*Must buy a 10 session pass to receive the discount.
**Must buy a 10 session pass to Rachel’s Runners classes to receive a further discount on a 10 session bolt of strength class.