Sessions & Services
Group Sessions Overview & Timetable
We currently provide the following Run Coaching sessions and Strength & Conditioning class…
- Walk to Run – Consists of a 6 week block of training involving progressive walking and running intervals and an individualised strength program written by our Accredited Exercise Physiologist, aimed at getting you ready for our ‘Learn to Run’ class. This program is suitable for people who haven’t exercised in a long time or have minimal fitness; may be interested in weight loss; want to get moving, but with less impact than our traditional running sessions; wish to build up slowly towards our Learn to Run program; are looking for accountability and motivation; enjoy exercising in the company of others or are looking to build social connections.
- Learn to Run Basics – Led by accredited run coaches, this is a 10 week program which takes participants through the necessary training to complete their first non-stop 5km run. This program is aimed at true beginners to running, or those just getting back into it. Weekly small group sessions are 1 hour in duration and homework is given to complete in between sessions.
- Running Fitness – Led by accredited run coaches, these weekly sessions incorporate running drills, technique advice and interval sets aimed at getting and keeping you ‘run fit’. Suitable for beginners and beyond, these sessions are 1 hour in duration. Join any time! Ask us about our Trail Specific Running Fitness sessions!
- Strength & Conditioning – The perfect match to your Run Coaching session, our Strength & Conditioning class is led by Stacey Kelleher from our supporters Padstow Chiropractic. Stacey is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) and Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES). This class is a conditioning and exercise class aimed at improving core function and injury prevention, with a particular focus on runners. Sessions are capped at 20 participants to provide a more personalised service and to ensure correct technique is developed and maintained. Health fund rebates may apply for these sessions.
- Online Event Specific Group Coaching – Choose your running event, find a a couple of friends (or let us find some for you) and join one of our online coaching groups to help you reach your goal. These new groups take a bunch of people with the same destination through the necessary steps to achieving within a supportive network of like-minded others. The running plan is delivered weekly within a closed Facebook group in which you are able to interact with your coach and others on your plan. Examples of successful groups we’ve already run include – 10km running events, UTA22, UTA50 and City2Surf. Ask us what we currently have on offer, or send us your goal event and we will work on finding others with the same dream.
- Private Run Coaching Sessions – One on one sessions including technique assessment and advice.
- Nutrition Pack – Michelle Bruce our affiliated Sports Dietitian offers a special ‘bolt’ pack of 3 nutrition consults to any of our runners on an individual running program or those who buy for a full running program block (i.e. Learn to Run, Walk to Run, Running Fitness 10 pack). This includes an Initial Consultation plus 2 follow up appointments. Health fund rebates are applicable for this service.
- Strength & Conditioning – 7:30pm Panania, (Contact – Padstow Chiropractic to book)
- Running Fitness – 5:30am The Ridge Athletics Track, Barden Ridge
- Panania Run Club (FREE) – 7pm Edwards Reserve, Braesmere Rd (beside Panania Train Station)
- Trail Specific Running Fitness – 5:30am/6pm (alternates with seasons) Various locations (contact for more details). Spring-Summer only.
- Running Fitness – 5:30am Panania/Padstow Heights/Picnic Point
- Learn to Run Basics – 9:15am The Ridge Athletics Track, Barden Ridge New sessions starting Friday 1 February 2019 (minimum numbers required)
- Learn to Run Basics – 6:45am Field of Dreams, Bransgrove Road, Panania New sessions starting Saturday 2 February 2019
- Walk to Run – 3pm Field of Dreams, Bransgrove Road, Panania New sessions coming in 2019 (Autumn/Winter only)
Group Sessions Pricing
* Walk to Run Program
- $200 up front which includes –
- 6 x weekly walk/run sessions in a small group and with a coach
- Homework to complete in between weekly group sessions
- Individual appointment with an Accredited Exercise Physiologist* to assess areas in need of strengthening
- A subsequent individualised strength program for you to follow at home
* Learn to Run – 10 Week Program
- $175 for full 10 week program
- With paying adults children pay $15/session OR $100 for full 10 week program
* Running Fitness/Trail Running Fitness Coaching
- $20 per person per session OR
- $165 for a 10 session pass
* Strength & Conditioning
- $20 per person per session (casual rate)
- $120 BOLT 12 session term pass (This pass can only be purchased with a 10 session pass of Running Fitness, Learn to Run program, with the Online Group Coaching or Individual Coaching Plans & must be used across consecutive weeks)
* Online Event Specific Group Coaching
- $10/week – paid up front for duration of the program (i.e. 10 weeks = $100)
- Group training program designed specifically for each event, delivered weekly & devised by a Level 2 Accredited Run Coach
- A small closed online group for accessing training plans and networking with others on your program
- An organised weekly ‘long run Sunday’ in Sydney with the group of people training for your event
- Discounted Running Fitness 10 session passes for the duration of the program (cost is $150 for 10 sessions instead of $165)
- Access to the fabulously supportive Rachel’s Runners’ closed Facebook group community
- RR discounts & special offers with our affiliated supporters
* Nutrition BOLT
- $220 up front payment (Normally costs $270).
- This pass can only be purchased in conjunction with one of our full program blocks (including online individual coaching).
- Health fund rebates may apply.
Individual Coaching Sessions
Both the Learn to Run Basics and Running Fitness sessions can be conducted for individuals in a one-to-one coaching session.
Cost – $50/session OR $450 for a 10 session pass.
** Learn to Run – Online Coaching Group **
If you love the sound of our Learn to Run coaching groups, but none of our times or locations suit you, in 2017 for the first time, we are offering positions in a small online coaching group. This group will run at the same as our on-site programs meaning you will graduate as part of the team, just in your own location, wherever that may be – a different city, a different state, a different country, the possibilities are endless.
Cost & Inclusions:
- $165 for access to the full 10 week Learn to Run program, including weekly homework.
- Access to a private online group with other online runners and hosted by a coach to answer any questions and give advice to guide you through the program, plus keep you on track and accountable.
- Access to the closed Rachel’s Runners Facebook group for extra support of like-minded others.
This group starts the same week as all of our other Learn to Run Basics groups.
Other Online Running Programs & Coaching
We can devise a running plan specific to your experience and needs, including:
- Learn to Run Basics (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- 10km Run (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- Half Marathon (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- Marathon (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- Plan only – $10/week*
- Plan + Coach Support (weekly check in via email/messenger/phone) – $20/week*
- Plan + Coach Support + Group Run Session/week – $35/week*
- Plan + Coach Support + Individual Run Session/week – $60/week*
*Online plans must be paid for monthly or in total prior to their commencement.
Please fill in the contact form below or email us to register or for more information on any of our sessions – firstname.lastname@example.org