Sessions & Services
Group Sessions Overview & Timetable
We currently provide two types of Run Coaching sessions and a Strength & Conditioning class and as a new addition this start we have our new City 2 Surf Training program.
- Learn to Run Basics – Led by accredited run coaches, this is a 10 week program which takes participants through the necessary training to complete their first non-stop 5km run. This program is aimed at true beginners to running, or those just getting back into it. Weekly small group sessions are 1 hour in duration and homework is given to complete in between sessions.
- Running Fitness – Led by accredited run coaches, these weekly sessions incorporate running drills, technique advice and interval sets aimed at getting and keeping you ‘run fit’. Suitable for beginners and beyond, these sessions are 1 hour in duration. Join any time!
- ** NEW ** Strength & Conditioning – The perfect match to your Run Coaching session, our Strength & Conditioning class is led by Stacey Kelleher from our supporters Padstow Chiropractic. Stacey is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) and Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES). This class is a conditioning and exercise class aimed at improving core function and injury prevention, with a particular focus on runners. Sessions are capped at 20 participants to provide a more personalised service and to ensure correct technique is developed and maintained. Health fund rebates may apply for these sessions.
- ** NEW ** Train for City 2 Surf 2017 – You’ve trained hard and achieved your 5km run goal, so why not set your sights on something new and train up to run 14km in Sydney’s infamous City 2 Surf? Led by accredited Run Coaches, you can choose from a 15 week training program (which includes 3 weeks of running conditioning training to prepare you for the 12 weeks) or the standard 12 week program. These programs include:* A weekly 1 hour on site group training session;
* Weekly plan including prescribed ‘homework’ runs;
* An organised ‘Long Run Sunday’ meet up each week;
* An online support and coaching group to keep you on track in between sessions;
* Recommendations on events to integrate into your training program to test where your running is at and to enable a taste of what it is like to participate in larger running events.
- Learn to Run Basics – 5:30am The Ridge Athletics Track, Barden Ridge (New sessions starting 10 July)
- Strength & Conditioning – 7:30pm Panania, (Contact – Padstow Chiropractic to book)
- Running Fitness/Train for City 2 Surf 2017 – 5:30am The Ridge Athletics Track, Barden Ridge
- Learn to Run Basics – 9:30am Sans Souci Waterfront (New sessions starting 11 July)
- Panania Run Club (FREE) – 7pm Edwards Reserve, Braesmere Rd (beside Panania Train Station)
- Learn to Run Basics – 5:30am Tonkin Oval, Searle Rd, Cronulla (New sessions starting 12 July)
- Running Fitness/Train for City 2 Surf 2017 – 5:30am Amour Park, Marco Ave, Revesby
- Learn to Run Basics – 9:30am The Ridge Athletics Track, Barden Ridge (New sessions starting 14 July)
- Learn to Run Basics – 6:45am Field of Dreams, Bransgrove Road, Panania (New sessions starting 15 July)
Group Sessions Pricing
* Learn to Run/Running Fitness/Train for City 2 Surf Coaching –
- $20 per person per session OR
- $165 for a 10 session pass
- With paying adults children pay $15/session OR $100 for a 10 session pass
* Strength & Conditioning –
- $20 per person per session OR $180 for a 10 session pass (Non financial RR members)
- $100 BOLT 10 session pass (This pass can only be purchased with a 10 session pass of Running Fitness or Learn to Run program or with a City 2 Surf Training block & must be used across consecutive weeks)
Individual Coaching Sessions
Both the Learn to Run Basics and Running Fitness sessions can be conducted for individuals in a one-to-one coaching session.
Cost – $50/session OR $420 for a 10 session pass.
** NEW in 2017 – Learn to Run – Online Coaching Group **
If you love the sound of our Learn to Run coaching groups, but none of our times or locations suit you, in 2017 for the first time, we are offering positions in a small online coaching group. This group will run at the same as our on-site programs meaning you will graduate as part of the team, just in your own location, wherever that may be – a different city, a different state, a different country, the possibilities are endless.
Cost & Inclusions:
- $165 for access to the full 10 week Learn to Run program, including weekly homework.
- Access to a private online group with other online runners and hosted by a coach to answer any questions and give advice to guide you through the program, plus keep you on track and accountable.
- Access to the closed Rachel’s Runners Facebook group for extra support of like-minded others.
This group starts the same week as all of our other Learn to Run Basics groups.
Other Online Running Programs & Coaching
We can devise a running plan specific to your experience and needs, including:
- Learn to Run Basics (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- 10km Run (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- Half Marathon (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- Marathon (length of plan adapted to suit individual requirements)
- Plan only – $10/week*
- Plan + Coach Support (weekly check in via email/messenger/phone) – $20/week*
- Plan + Coach Support + Group Run Session/week – $35/week*
- Plan + Coach Support + Individual Run Session/week – $60/week*
*Online plans must be paid for monthly or in total prior to their commencement.
Please fill in the contact form below or email us to register or for more information on any of our sessions – email@example.com